Thursday, June 19, 2008

Webinfosys's Sports News : Kapil's memorabilia is well preserved: PCA

MOHALI: After a stinging letter from Kapil Dev in the wake of the removal of his mural, the Punjab Cricket Associaciation (PCA) on Wednesday offered to placate the former captain by offering to restore the cut-out at the stadium.

Miffed after his mural was brought down, a hurt Kapil Dev shot off an e-mail to the PCA asking them to return him all his memorabilia if they cannot preserve them.

PCA secretary MP Pandove, however, said that the association, in its reply to the sulking former captain, had assured Kapil that his mural would soon be back where it was. Pandove also said that all his memorabilia and gifts were being "properly preserved in most befitting manner."

"We have full respect for Kapil Dev and all his memorabilia and gifts are well preserved," Pandove said, insisting "it has nothing to do with Kapil joining the (rebel) Indian Cricket League."

"The mural was removed as the construction work is going on and after the rainy season Kapil's cut out will be back at its original place," Pandove said.

And to clear the air, Pandove, also the BCCI joint secretary, said he would talk to the legendary all-rounder.

"I will speak to Kapil as well and remove all apprehensions in his mind. We have full respect for him," he said.

Kapil also appeared satisfied with the PCA's explanation and said the purpose of sending the e-mail was to clear certain doubts in his mind.

Earlier, Kapil had written an e-mail saying that "if the PCA is not willing to preserve and finds it difficult to keep those items or ever think of throwing them out in that case I can preserve them," Kapil said in his letter.

"I came to know through media reports that PCA has removed my portrait from the PCA ground at Mohali. I am concerned about the personal gifts and memorabilia of my cricketing years and also that of 1983 World Cup cricket tournament given to me by the PCA which are kept at various places at the Mohali stadium.

"I apprehend that now the PCA may not like to preserve the memorablia. I will be grateful if the same is returned to me so that I can preserve them," he said.

Kapil, however, sounded mellowed down later and said all he wanted was to preserve the memorabilia and PCA can keep the memorabilia if they want to preserve them.

"I never asked them to return (those memorabilia). I said 'if you wish not to keep my stuff, give it back to me, rather than throwing it into the dustbin', so that I can preserve those," Kapil said a news channel.

To know More About Share Market Technical Analysis Click Here For Share Gurukul


Back To Index Page

No comments: